Laurie David’s new mission is to help overwhelmed families sit down to a Family Dinner. Research has proven that everything we worry about as parents – from drugs to alcohol, promiscuity, to obesity, academic achievement and just good old nutrition – can all be improved by the simple act of eating and talking together around the table.
Laurie has written a practical, inspirational, fun (and, of course, green) guide to the most important hour in any parent’s day. Chock-full chapters include:
- Over seventy-five kid approved fantastic recipes
- tips on teaching green values
- conversation starters
- games to play to help even the shyest family member become engaged
- ways to express gratitude
- the family dinner after divorce (hint: keep eating together)
Filled with moving memories and advice from the country’s experts and teachers, this book will get everyone away from electronic screens and back to the dinner table.
|Title: The Family Dinner: Great Ways to Connect with Your Kids, One Meal at a Time
By: Laurie David
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Grand Central Publishing
|Dimensions: 9.25 X 7.50 (inches)
Weight: 2 pounds 6 ounces
Stock No: WW565462